Treat everyone to a lovely snack on a cold day with these samosas. Mild Curry Spice Paste potatoes and green peas all wrapped up in soft and buttery filo pastry. Pair them with the cooling taste of the coriander and mint raita for something absolutely divine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4-8 tbsp cold water (add 1 tbsp at a time)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney for dipping
- oil for deep frying
- Mix flour and salt in large bowl
- Add oil and mix into a crumbly mixture
- Add cold water and mix thoroughly; start with 4 tbsp and continue to add 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture starts to become sticky. Do not add too much water at once and stop when you reach a crumbly mixture.
- Knead to a firm dough. Cover the dough with a moistened towel and set aside.
- Place diced potatoes in boiling pot of water and cook until tender. Once cooked, strain water and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until onions are translucent.
- Add Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste to pan; cook for 2 min.
- Add cooked potatoes to pan, cook for 2-3 more min.
- Add peas and carrots; cover mixture and let cook for 5-10 min until peas/carrots are thawed and hot.
- Remove potato mixture from heat and leave to cool.
- Divide dough into 1.5” diameter balls (8-10 balls). Use a rolling pin, roll balls into a flat circle. You want it just thick/strong enough to hold the filling. Cut the circle in half with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Rub cold water with a brush (or finger) around the edge of the semi circle. Roll dough into a cone. Stuff the mixture into the cone and pinch closed. Repeat until complete.
- Heat oil in a pan. Check that oil is hot by adding a small piece of pastry. Cook samosas until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place samosas onto a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve warm with Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney.