Vegetable Mild Curry
Peppers, onions and potatoes—the main ingredients in the ultimate comfort food recipe! Aromatic additions like ginger, cashews and coconut milk blend amazingly well with Patak’s® Mild Curry Paste to make a dish that will make your mouth water right from the beginning.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cut into 0.5″ chunks and cooked
- ¼ cup cashews, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (398 ml) coconut milk
- Fresh coriander, chopped (garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger with Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the potatoes and cashews and sauté for 3 to 4 min.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato sauce, and simmer for approximately 10 min, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over fluffy rice and garnish with coriander.
- Looking for something with a kick? Try replacing Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste with Patak’s® Hot Curry Spice Paste.
Mix up your dish by replacing half of the vegetables with pan-fried paneer cheese. Just add the cheese during the final step and reduce the cooking time until heated thoroughly.