Trio of Dips with Toasted Naan
Do you love entertaining, but find you’re always serving the same appetizers? Try this: start with plain yogurt as a base for a wide variety of delectable dips, and add your favourite Patak’s® chutneys or pickles for a burst of flavour. You can even use them to personalize store-bought dips!
LIME YOGURT DIP
- 1 ¼ cup thick plain yogurt, divided
- 1 tbsp Patak’s® Lime Pickle
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (garnish)
- ½ cup Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
Lime Yogurt Dip
- Put the Patak’s® Lime Pickle and 1 cup of yogurt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the mint, coriander and green onion, and blend.
- Stir in the remaining ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Combine the yogurt, cucumber, cumin and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Purée the Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney in a blender or finely chop it on a cutting board.
- Pour it into a saucepan and stir in the coconut cream.
- Cook on medium heat until most of the water evaporates.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (205 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice naan bread into long triangles.
- Lay the pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 min.
- Serve alongside the dips with Patak’s® Mango Chutney in little serving dishes for an authentic Indian feast!
Try these simple additions to store bought dips: To 1 cup (250 ml) prepared roasted red pepper dip add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro. To 1 cup (250 ml) of prepared hummus try this: In a small sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Patak’s® Madras Curry Spice Paste. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced white onion. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until the onion is soft and caramelized. Stir into hummus.