Tikka Masala Chickpea Curry
This delicious, creamy dish from the Punjab region—famous for its chickpea (chole) recipes—is typically eaten with breads or as a side dish with lamb or tandoori chicken. You’ll be surprised at what tomato, onion, fresh herbs and a little help from Patak’s® can do!
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Tikka Masala Spice Paste
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Tikka Masala Spice Paste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 green chilli pepper, cut lengthwise in half
- ½ tsp sugar
- Warm the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and fry your onions for 5-6 min until translucent.
- Add the Patak’s® Tikka Masala Spice Paste and the tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 5-8 min.
- Add the green chilli pepper, if using.
- Toss in the chickpeas and cook for 2 min. Stir in the mint, coriander and sugar.
- Plate your meal, serve with warm naan or chapattis and enjoy!