Tandoori Roasted Root Vegetable Stew
A real change from chicken, this vegetable stew tastes great and made from our delicious Tandoori Cooking Sauce for 2. This dish is tasty, succulent and incredibly flavoursome.
- 4 cups root vegetables, carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and turnip, cut into1” cubes
- 2 shallots, halved
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ can (250 g) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet Patak’s® Tandoori Sauce Sauce for 2
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Toss the root vegetables with the shallots, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place in a 9” square baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven, for 25 to 30 min or until vegetables are lightly golden and tender crisp, turning occasionally.
- Stir in the zucchini, scatter the cherry tomatoes on top and roast for 12 to 15 min or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the lentils, the Patak’s® Tandoori Sauce for 2 and the quinoa.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 10 to 15 min or until the mixture has begun to simmer and is heated through.
- Garnish with mint.
For a spicier dish, try garnishing with sliced chillies. If you want to cool things down, try drizzling with some yogurt. Family of 4? Simply double the portions of all ingredients and use a full jar (400 ml) of Patak’s® Tandoori Cooking Sauce.