Samosas with Phyllo Pastry Shell
This dish is baked full of authentic goodness! With this recipe, you can create Indian Samosas in no time. Prepared with potatoes, peas, onion and a little help from Patak’s®, this appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 3 yellow potatoes, peeled, cut into 0.5″ cubes and cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 package phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 jar Patak’s® Sweet (or Hot) Mango Chutney (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (176 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger until the onions are soft.
- Add the Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste and cook for 2 min.
- Stir in the cooked potatoes and frozen peas, and cook for 2 to 3 min.
- Stir in the coriander. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Unroll the sheets of phyllo and, using kitchen shears, cut it into three long strips.
- On each strip, place a heaping spoonful of filling at the narrow end.
- Fold into triangles, heading up the strip.
- Place samosas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the samosas with egg wash (this will make them crisp up in the oven).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 min, until samosas are brown and crispy.
- Serve with Patak’s® Mango Chutney.
Serve with Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney and/or plain yogurt for dipping.