Roasted Sticky Butternut Squash and Broccoli
Vegetables don’t tend to be at the top of many favourite-food lists, but these will have you wondering why. A vibrant punch of pickles kicks up your usual vegetable medley in a recipe worthy of the winner’s circle.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
- 4 tbsp oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- ½ tsp pepper, coarsely ground
- ½ tsp ground cumin, grilled
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Mango Pickle
- 1 tbsp thyme
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander, chopped (garnish)
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F (205 °C).
- In a roasting pan, mix together the oil, 2 of the minced cloves of garlic, pepper, cumin, Patak’s® Mango Pickle, thyme and half the lime juice.
- Place the butternut squash, red onion, red pepper and the remaining garlic in the roasting pan, and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Season with salt and roast for 25 to 30 min.
- Blanch the broccoli for 1 min in a pot of boiling water, then drain.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven, add the broccoli and stir.
- Return to the oven and cook for 5 to 10 min, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Squeeze on any remaining lime juice and garnish with coriander.
You might also like
A simple curried pulled pork recipe, using tikka masala spices to inject some warmth and flavour into this classic dish. Packed into...
Mango Chicken is a perfect alternative to a mild Korma or a Pasanda Cooking Sauce—sweet and flavoursome, with the flavours of Indian...
Korma is a perfect alternative to a mild Mango Chicken or a Pasanda Cooking Sauce—sweet and flavoursome, with the flavours of Indian...
Chutney Chicken Wings
Whether you’re in the mood for a summer BBQ or a cozy baked meal, this recipe can be made in the oven...
Spicy Mango Chicken
Is there anything better than a delicious meal that’s easy to make? This spicy mango and curry dish is full of tantalizing...
Achari Chicken Wings with Lime Marinade
Experiment with traditional Indian pickle flavours to create a perfect side dish or evening snack a twist! This quick, simple, and flavourful...
Madras Chicken Bites with Red Pepper...
The perfect treat for an end-of-week Indian feast with a little bit of heat! Chicken cooked in aromatic Indian spices served along...
3-Step Tikka Masala
Arguably the most popular dish in the UK, this tangy Indian chicken recipe boasts a delightful, aromatic blend of coriander, lemon and...
Is there anything better than a delicious meal that’s easy to make? You’ll be surprised at what a little help from Patak’s® can...
Tandoori Roasted Vegetables
Vegetables don’t tend to be at the top of many favourite-food lists, but these ones will have you wondering why. A vibrant...
The perfect dish to liven up any meal, this traditional spinach and paneer recipe is simply delicious with the warming flavours of...