Lentil Tikka Masala Power Bowls
Hearty and healthy, these satisfying power bowls deliver tasty flavours that everyone will enjoy.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Lentil Tikka Masala
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 package Patak’s® Lentil Tikka Masala
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp fresh vegetable sprouts
- 2 lemon wedges, for serving
- Rice: Heat oil in small pot set over medium heat; stir in cumin and turmeric. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 min or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 min. Fluff with fork.
- Raita: Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Assembly: Heat Lentil Tikka Masala in microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls. Top evenly with Lentil Tikka Masala, broccoli, cabbage and cashews. Drizzle with Raita. Garnish with vegetable sprouts. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: As a variation, add shredded cooked chicken when heating the masala mixture.
You might also like
Bombay classic is traditionally spiced with garlic and coriander, and pairs perfectly with a chicken dish. It’s delicious and so easy to...
Madras BBQ Shrimp
These scrumptious shrimps are made with a bit of extra heat from our Madras Spice Paste. Succulent and delicious, these kebabs are...
Mild Curry Chicken Pizza
Most people love naan bread and most people love pizza, so we simply had to create this recipe. The whole family will...
Trio of Dips with Toasted Naan
Do you love entertaining, but find you’re always serving the same appetizers? Try this: start with plain yogurt as a base for...
Chicken Tikka Masala for 2
This tangy Indian chicken recipe boasts a delightful, aromatic blend of coriander, lemon and turmeric. Just add chicken to bring it to...
Chickpea and Butternut Squash Curry
Ultra convenient and super easy, this recipe features a key ingredient in Indian cuisine: the chickpea (or Channa). It is high in...
Butter Chicken Poutine
The perfect treat for an end-of-week Indian feast. This recipe combines all your favourite classic Indian flavours with a Canadian staple. Definitely...
Tandoori Roasted Eggplant
Enjoy the mix of deliciously warm eggplants, with fresh mint and Greek yogurt, with a snap of pomegranate to finish.
Keralan Seafood Tikka
Kerala is a state located in the south-west of India. It has a distinctive and varied cuisine with coconut and black pepper...
Matar paneer is a delicious dish made by cooking paneer and peas in a Tikka Masala Curry. This recipe will give you...
An easy and delicious recipe for Indian Mulligatawny Soup with carrots, apples, lentils, and fresh coriander.
Delicious and flavourful curry made with red kidney beans, made easy with a multifunction pressure cooker!
Poached Egg and Masala Beans on...
This egg dish is perfect for breakfast or a weekend brunch. Curry leaves add some aromatic flavours to this dish, which is...
Every time we take a mouthful of this deliciously creamy and flavoursome dish, we remember all over again why it is so...
Paneer Pepper Mild Curry Masala
This multifunction pressure cooker favourite is a quick way to bring the flavours of India to your kitchen.
Masala Akoori on Brioche
This scrambled egg dish is perfect for breakfast or a weekend brunch. Green chilies add some spice to the flavours of Mild...
Hyderabadi Lamb Biryani
A curry filled to the brim with aromatic flavour. The succulent and juicy lamb tastes amazing paired with our Madras Curry Paste....
Seafood Risotto with Parmesan Crisps
Enjoy this delicious mix of seafood, fresh tomatoes and Parmesan crisps, with a unique Indian twist.
Chicken Tikka Penne Pasta
A simple twist on an Italian dish! Quick and easy to make and full of aromatic spices. Tikka Masala Curry Paste brings...
Cauliflower Curry (Gobi Mussallam)
Another goodie for your slow cooker. This vegetarian recipe uses our two most popular Spice Pastes—Tikka Masala and Korma—to combine the delicate...