This succulent dish is ideal for a dinner party, but because it doesn’t take long to cook, it can also be a great meal to have at home anytime. Our lovely versatile Mild Curry Spice Paste brings the flavours of wonderful Indian spices to juicy, tender lamb- in a way that is tantalizingly tasty.
- Add the oil to a medium-high heat pan and then add the onion, slowly adding in the Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste to release the full flavours and aroma of the paste.
- After 5 min, remove from the heat and let the paste mixture cool.
- Add the cooled paste mixture to the lamb, bread crumbs and egg and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a freezer bag and leave the marinade in the fridge for at least one hour prior to cooking, but no more than 24 hours.
- Remove the lamb mixture from the fridge and shape the mixture into balls and then place a skewer through the lamb.
- Place on the barbecue at medium-high heat, turning occasionally.
- Ensure lamb is cooked to at least 71°C and serve with Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney.
Substitute with any Curry Paste as an alternative to Mild.