Keralan Seafood Tikka
Kerala is a state located in the south-west of India. It has a distinctive and varied cuisine with coconut and black pepper being key ingredients. These scrumptious kebabs have both these flavours as well as our lovely, delicately balanced Korma Paste Pot. Succulent and delicious, these kebabs work perfectly on the BBQ or under your grill. Serve with our spiced potato salad, or simply on a bed of lettuce.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Korma Spice Paste
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 min
- ½ cup Patak’s® Korma Spice Paste
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 8 scallops, cleaned
- 8 jumbo prawns with tails
- 150 g monkfish or any firm white fish, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into large pieces
- 8 prunes, pitted (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the Patak’s® Korma Spice Paste with the yogurt, coconut, garlic, black pepper and dill.
- Add the scallops, prawns and monkfish to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
- On a skewer, thread a piece of onion, a scallop, a prawn, a prune and a cube of fish.
- Repeat until the skewer is full. Then, repeat for the remaining skewers.
- Place on the barbecue or on a hot grill for approximately 6 min, turning occasionally until lightly charred and cooked through.