Hot Curry Squash Tacos
Most people love tacos, so we simply had to create this recipe! You will love these curry tacos. For a milder version, simply use Patak’s® Mild Curry Spice Paste instead. With rich Indian flavours and topped with that must-have taco ingredient: pineapple.
- 1 squash, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp Patak’s® Hot Curry Spice Paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 10 corn tortillas
- 4 limes, quartered
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 radishes, to garnish
- 2 avocados, to garnish
- 1 cup grilled pineapple, chopped
- ½ cup Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, 1 cup water, apple cider vinegar, Patak’s® Hot Curry Spice Paste, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer for 30 min and set aside.
- Take thinly sliced red onion and pickle them quickly by placing in rice wine vinegar, 1 cup of water, white sugar, and salt mixture for 30 min. Drain liquid for serving.
- Blanch squash in boiling water for 4-6 min then transfer to cold water bath.
- Grill squash on medium-high heat each side 2-3 min. Brush with mixture that was set aside.
- Combine chopped pineapple and Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney in a mixing bowl.
- Warm tortillas on barbecue, build tacos with garnish, and enjoy.