Grilled Spicy Mango Chicken
Is there anything better than a delicious meal that’s easy to make? This spicy mango and curry dish is full of tantalizing flavours that are sure to give a burst of flavour to any meal.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Sweet Mango Chutney
- ⅓ cup Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb chicken drumsticks, bone-in thighs and drumsticks
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 tbsp creamy coleslaw dressing
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together Patak’s® Sweet Mango Chutney, lime juice, jalapeño and garlic until blended. Set chutney glaze aside.
- Preheat grill to medium and grease grate well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, turning occasionally for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Baste chicken with chutney glaze and continue to cook for 15-20 min, turning and basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile toss shredded coleslaw mix with dressing.
- Ensure chicken is cooked to at least 74°C internally and serve.
- Serve chicken with coleslaw. Garnish with green onion.
For an extra bit of kick use Patak’s® Hot Mango Chutney or, if you appreciate the sweeter things in life, use Patak’s® Major Grey Chutney.