Grilled Butter Chicken Skewers with Naan Bread
A thick, creamy classic, this butter chicken recipe is made with our signature curry paste to add a mouth-watering, chargrilled aroma. It’s the perfect dish for those looking for mild Indian food that bursts with flavour. Once grilled to perfection, serve with warm naan.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1.5” cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ red onion, cut into 0.5” pieces
- Olive (to grease grill)
- ¼ cup Patak’s® Butter Chicken Spice Paste
- 2 packages naan
- ¼ cup Patak’s® Lime Pickle
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Alternate threading chicken, red peppers and red onions onto 4 metal or presoaked wooden skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on lightly oiled grill and cook for 2 min.
- Turn and baste the cooked side with the Patak’s® Butter Chicken Spice Paste.
- Cook, turning and basting as necessary, until the chicken is well done and the vegetables are soft, about 10 min.
- Just before serving, warm the naan on the grill for about 1 min on each side, turning once.
- To serve, place 1 skewer in the centre of each naan. Fold the naan over the fillings and carefully remove the skewer.
- Garnish with Patak’s® Lime Pickle and a sprig of coriander.