Curried Pulled Pork with Brioche Buns
A simple curried pulled pork recipe, using tikka masala spices to inject some warmth and flavour into this classic dish. Packed into brioche buns with aioli and coleslaw for a stress-free meal, perfect for big gatherings. Recipe by Karen Burns-Booth.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Tikka Masala Spice Paste
- 1 boned pork shoulder (1.8 to 2 kg)
- 1 cup Patak’s® Tikka Masala Spice Paste
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup water (if using the conventional oven method)
- Brioche buns
- Aioli, or regular mayonnaise
- Coat the pork shoulder with the Patak’s® Tikka Masala Spice Paste, making sure it covers the entire surface.
- Scatter the onions around the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on auto for 8 to 10 hours. Do not remove lid during the cook time.
- Preheat oven to 338 °F (170 °C).
- Place the pork in a large casserole dish or a roasting tray with lid.
- Coat the meat with the Patak’s® Tikka Masala Spice Paste, making sure it covers the entire surface.
- Scatter the onions around the meat and add the water.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 3 hours.
- After this time, remove the lid or foil and cook for 1 more hour, until the pork is tender and falls apart.
- Shred the pork using two forks.
- Serve with toasted brioche buns, aioli and coleslaw.