Classic Butter Chicken Curry
A thick, creamy classic, this butter chicken recipe is made with our signature curry paste to add a mouth-watering, chargrilled aroma. It’s the perfect dish for those looking for mild Indian food that bursts with flavour.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Butter Chicken Spice Paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250 g chicken, diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp Patak’s® Butter Chicken Spice Paste
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Fresh coriander, chopped (garnish)
- Fry onion in 2 tbsp oil.
- Add 2 tsp of chopped ginger, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1/2 jar of spice paste & sizzle (2 MINS).
- Add 50 ml water, cook until water has evaporated.
- Sear 4 diced chicken breasts, add 200 g chopped tomatoes & 100 ml water; simmer until chicken is cooked through (15 MINS).
- If you’d like, add more water to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with hot rice or naan.
TRY with 200 g paneer and a handful of bell peppers, add in while simmering the sauce.