Chickpea and Butternut Squash Curry
Ultra convenient and super easy, this recipe features a key ingredient in Indian cuisine: the chickpea (or Channa). It is high in protein and has a delicious nutty flavour.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1” cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1 jar Patak’s® Korma Cooking Sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted (garnish)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Add the butternut squash, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 5 to 6 min, or until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 min, or until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, green beans and chickpeas, and sauté for 2 min.
- Add the water and cook for 3 to 5 min, or until the vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- Stir in the Patak’s® Korma Cooking Sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and let simmer for 5 to 8 min, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the baby spinach and coriander.
- Garnish with flaked coconut.
- Serve with Patak’s® chutney and lemon wedges, if desired.
For a spicier dish, try garnishing each plate with sliced chillies. If you want to cool things down, try drizzling with some yogurt. Not a fan of chickpeas? No problem. Try replacing them with lentils.