Butter Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Packed with yummy chickpeas and served with a drizzle of fresh green chutney, these stuffed sweet potatoes are next level!
RECIPE CALLS FOR
- 1 package Patak’s® Butter Chickpeas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small green chilli pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Prick sweet potatoes all over. Bake on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 45 to 60 minutes or until fork-tender. Let cool slightly.
- Make lengthwise slit in top of each potato; gently pull apart without splitting potato in half. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- In blender, purée cilantro, mint, lime juice, chilli pepper, ginger, garlic, cumin, salt and sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat Butter Chickpeas in microwave according to package directions.
- Spoon Butter Chickpeas evenly onto each sweet potato. Bake for 10 to 12 min or until chickpeas and potatoes are heated through.
- Drizzle with green chutney. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining chutney.
Tip: Alternatively, instead of baking the sweet potatoes, pierce them with a fork and microwave for 8 to 10 min or until tender.