Butter Chicken Meatballs
A thick, creamy classic, this butter chicken recipe is made with our signature curry paste to add a mouth-watering, chargrilled aroma. It’s the perfect dish for those looking for mild Indian food that bursts with flavour, all rolled up into a perfect meatball dish.
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Butter Chicken Sauce for 2
- 1 ½ cup extra-lean ground chicken
- 1 packet Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce for 2, divided
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground chicken with 1 tsp of Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce for 2, the breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, oil, garlic and salt.
- Oil hands lightly and roll the mixture into 10 meatballs.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 min, until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce in a saucepan on medium, until simmering.
- Stir in the cooked meatballs to coat well.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 min.
- Stir in the coriander. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with almonds.
Try Patak’s® Light Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce or if you like it spicy, use Patak’s® Spicy Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce or garnish with sliced chilies. For a milder dish, drizzle with some yogurt.
Can substitute regular breadcrumbs for the gluten-free breadcrumbs.