Butter Chicken Meatball Sub
Is there anything better than a delicious meal that’s easy to make? You’ll be surprised at what a little help from Patak’s® can do!
- 1 lb (450 g) extra lean ground chicken
- 1 jar Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 sub buns, cut in half
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken with 2 tbsp Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce, breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, onion, and salt and pepper until combined.
- Roll mixture into 12 meatballs. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 min or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup of Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce to a saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Stir in meatballs to coat well. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 min.
- Arrange 3-5 meatballs with sauce in sub bun.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Try using whole wheat or gluten-free sub buns. If making this meal gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free breadcrumbs as well.