Butter Chicken Hand Pies
Is there anything better than a delicious meal that’s easy to make? You’ll be surprised at what a little help from Patak’s® can do!
RECIPE CALLS FOR
Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1 jar Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust dough (enough for two pies)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken and brown (about 5-6 min).
- Once chicken is cooked, stir in Patak’s® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 min, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh cilantro and continue simmering for another 5 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crust dough and using a heart shaped cookie cutter, make as many heart shapes as you can with the dough.
- Lay half of the hearts on the baking sheet. In the centre of each heart, add about a teaspoonful of butter chicken mixture. Place the hearts leftover on top to cover. Using the tines of a fork, press down the edges to seal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water. Using a pastry brush, brush egg mixture on the tops of the hearts.
- Bake for 10 min, or until golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
You will have extra Butter Chicken leftover from this recipe so you can either make more hand pies with it or save it for another meal.